Dhananjaya Lakshan - ධනංජය ලක්ෂාන්

At the start of the tournament, he was not even on the list of members who would provide the team with water or a helmet. He was lucky enough to get on the field as the captains on the team as well as the seniors continued to fail. Although he had no experience in international competition, he was able to maintain the strong determination in his heart from an early age and compete with experienced members to give the team the maximum it needed to win. Although he was a coach on the international cricket field, due to his bravery, he was able to give his team the opportunity to compete in the finals which were invisible. His name is Dananjaya Lakshan.

The 22-year-old is set to become the talk of the world as he takes the goal gladiator to the finals. The Colombo Kings will qualify for the finals of the Sri Lanka Premier League Cricket Tournament to be held on the 16th of this month. As all the seniors in his team became spectators, Dhananjaya's superb batting performance along with the final batsmen did not go unnoticed by the spectators for a long time.


Due to Dhananjaya's batting, a team consisting of 'League captains' who played in the world's No. 1 league was thrown out of the tournament. In the final over, Goal Gladiator needed 15 points to win. Isuru Udanaya, one of the aforementioned league captains, was ready for the innings.



Lakshan, who has not yet figured out what the pressure is because of a 'coder', responded to the challenge with a score of 2-2-6 and 1. The other Lakshan, Sandakan, who was his assistant batting from the other end, facilitated the target with 5 runs off 2 balls. Dhananjaya scored 31 off 23 balls with two sixes and two fours in 23 balls while Sandakan took two wickets for 27 runs.

"Everyone who could bat was out and I was the only one left to bat. I really wanted to keep the match going until the end. At that time I took a risk and tried to finish the match, ”said Dhananjaya Lakshan, who was born in Galle and led the Galle team to victory.

"I think Isuru Aiya (Udana) has bowled a lot in situations like this. Earlier in Thikshila's over I told Ameer (Mohammad Ameer) to hit a road somehow. Unfortunately at that time Aamir missed 5 balls. However, I did not give up my efforts, ”said Dhananjaya Lakshan, the man of the match award.

"Luckily I caught the ball. After that they somehow managed to bring the score to 4 for the last 2 balls. There I (Lakshan) told Sandakan Aiya to give me a chance to hit the last ball somehow and I will finish this somehow. Fortunately, Sandakan Aiya won the match, ”Dhananjaya Lakshan said of the plan in the final over.

Lakshan Dhananjaya was the first player on the list of extra players to be named for the tournament. It was the fourth match against the Colombo Kings. Lakshan did not have a chance to bowl or hit a ball in the match which was limited to 5 overs.

The new LPL was organized with the primary objective of finding talent in the local cricket field. Dhananjaya Lakshan has become one of the most talented players in the tournament so far.

"First of all I want to thank our coach (Moin Khan). Because when I came to the team as an extra player, they took me to the team. I am also happy to be able to win a match as an extra player. ”

"I always tried to win the game. When I was included in the team I had lost 3 or 4 matches. I really wanted to win the match. That was a success, ”said the all-rounder. Sri Lanka Cricket also thanked the organizers for organizing the tournament.

"I am happy that such a tournament was organized in Sri Lanka. Because young players like me can learn a lot of gods from having a tournament like this. Thanks to Sri Lanka Cricket, ”said Lakshan.

Apart from being a batsman, Dhananjaya Lakshan is also the second highest wicket taker in the goal gladiator team after Lakshan Sandakan. Dhananjaya and Mohammad Ameer are second with 10 wickets apiece, while Dhananjaya has a lower wicket-taking average than Aamir.

“Our team is very free. Because there are a lot of new players. When we come to a match, everyone is the same. Because of that I never felt the pressure. I often talk to my brother who plays for the national team. They give me a lot of support. And so is Mohamed Ameer. He always teaches me from his experience when I come to bowl. It was because of all this support that I was able to come so far, ”Dhananjaya Lakshan said when asked how he handled the pressure as a newcomer.



No comments:

Post a Comment